Friday, March 25, 2011

Good thing we're not having dinner

Miss Manners says that money and religion are inappropriate topics for dinner. Here's one of each.

Seven myths about universalism - I have been doing a lot of reading and research on this, and this succinctly covers a lot of the basic misconceptions.

Down and out on $250,000 a year? This is complete and utter bullshit. I don't swear much on my blog, but this truly truly disgusted me. ANYONE can be "broke" if their expenses exceed their income, tax policy be damned. Just because you've accustomed yourself to a certain standard of living that you "need" doesn't mean that we should be setting tax policy on that basis. I have no sympathy for the hypothetical family (who I'm sure are probably all too real) that has more after-tax income than we have pre-tax, and I'm sure people who are making it with a tenth of that income are even less sympathetic to their faux plight.

No comments: