Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Groceries

Just deleted my peapod link, sniff. I had checked a while ago and the peapod website listed "Loudoun County" as one of their delivery areas. Apparently that only means PARTS of Loudoun County, because I tried to place an order to have some stuff delivered the day after we moved, and it told me there was no delivery to that zip code. I contacted customer service to confirm, but there was no hope.

I went to the Bloom last night, which is about a mile away from our house. Amazingly I didn't want to kill anyone at any point during the trip, and I actually left smiling. Other than having to carry the bags from the car to the house, it was survivable. And Bloom currently offers online shop and pickup from their Charlotte store, so maybe that will reach VA eventually. In the meantime, there's a way to sign up for a scanner so you can scan and bag your groceries as you go through the store, and then you just pay at the checkout line. I gotta figure out how to get in on that!

At least there's still Let's Dish...we might starve otherwise.

No comments: