Wednesday, March 09, 2011

It's strongly worded e-mail time

1) Kmart.com customer service told me that UPS was supposed to pick up the damaged desk sometime between Monday and Wednesday of this week. They hadn't picked up by the end of the day today, so I called again. Turns out they meant to say "Someone will contact you by Friday to ARRANGE for pickup." And since UPS doesn't pickup on weekends, that means we have to leave the desk behind. I asked if I could at least bring it to a store and have it picked up from there, but was told no, it's an online-only item so the store won't take it.

2) I had called on Monday to cancel the other desk, because it was obviously not going to arrive before we moved. I got a shipping confirmation today for said canceled desk. Now I'm going to have to drive back to Gaithersburg to pick it up next week.

Sent an e-mail to Imran Jooma, the Senior Vice President of e-Commerce, letting him know I'm very disappointed in the outcome of all of this and don't plan on buying anything online from Kmart again.

No comments: