Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Not now...

Someone at church apparently has a stomach virus. Apparently I might too. Fabulous. Doubly fabulous because I was planning on using my sick time as my contingency plan if the government shuts down next week.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the fact that, while my face is hovering inches above the toilet, my first thought is not "geez, I hope I feel better soon" but rather "geez, I need to clean the toilet."

Bonus irony: If there had been money in the budget, I would be in Vegas at a work conference right now. Just like I was at a work conference (and started getting sick on a Monday) during last year's bout of dramatic rending.

Update: 6am was the 'time to get medical attention cutoff' but the stomach pain finally stopped around 4:30am and I fell asleep. I live to fight another day.

No comments: