Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sweet sweet Virginia always keeps an open door

And I'm back! Back to Virginia, back online. The move went as well as could be expected. Got the truck around 10:15 yesterday morning, and peeps were all here by about 11-ish. It took us about four hours to load everything onto the moving truck. We drove over to the new place (M drove the truck on the toll road with Phil following driving M's car; I led the caravan down Georgetown Pike with Stacy hauling our bikes and MG following to keep an eye on the bikes). It only took us about 2 hours to unload everything. The guys putzed around on M's computer in the office while Stacy and I assembled our new bed headboard and platform bed frame (I still need to do the drawers) and then we went to Red Hot and Blue for dinner. M and I came back after dinner and took showers, watched Fringe from the new DVR, and went to bed around 11:30.

Pretty stiff when I woke up this morning. My cell phone said 9:30 when I woke up (I'm really convinced that I do need 9 hours of sleep a night; the problem is getting it during the week!!) I went to Starbucks and when I got back in the car, the clock said 9:00 and I was sooooo confused for a minute or two before I remembered that last night was DST.

More furniture assembly and a trip to Home Depot today, and then I head back to the condo to start cleaning and prepping/painting. Decided to nix yoga this afternoon, as I'm not even sure I could do a downward-facing dog right now.

The cats seem to be warming up to the new place. They certainly enjoy having all these boxes around to climb in and on and under!

No comments: