Friday, April 08, 2011

Chowdah and Lobstah

Neither M nor I slept very well last night - I woke up at 2am because it was too hot (and when I'm too hot, it's REALLY hot). I woke up about 2 hours later with heartburn (and of course I had no dairy, no tums, no zantac). It must have been something we had at dinner last night because M said he was feeling it too and had taken an extra prevacid. I was up for about 90 minutes (hence my 5am blog post below). We got up at 7am to get to BWI around 8, grabbed some breakfast and hopped our flight to Logan.

JiMaPh are lazy bums, and didn't schedule their flight until 11 - we had landed at Logan before they even took off, so we had to wait until 12:30 for them to get there. We got our rental cars and headed over to Friendly's to get lunch. The guys went out to play paintball and I just hung out at our room and watched TV.

Speaking of TV, I had seen an episode of 'The Best Thing I Ever Ate' that talked about the clam chowder at a place called The Cabby Shack. It turned out that it was less than a mile from the place we're staying so I had put it on my to-do list. I got takeout 'chowdah' and a lobster roll; both were FANTASTIC. Came back to the room (the guys went out to Outback; I think I got the better deal there!) and have been watching TV and checking the WaPo and Politico websites to see if they're actually going to shut the government down or not. I don't think I can stay up for another hour though...

No comments: