Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yoga Challenge

Realized that since we left for vacation right after the challenge was over, I never got around to posting my results!

I did get to 25 classes in 30 days! I definitely had to alter my schedule so that they weren't all super-active classes though. I don't know how people do Mysore-style ashtanga FULL series nearly EVERY day. But they're probably also not training 3x a week for a race and lifting weights too.

So, first off - 26 classes on my monthly pass which cost $109. But one class was a special full ashtanga class with a guest teacher that normally would have cost $30, but was included in the pass if you were doing the challenge. So we'll exclude that one from the calculations, and I had a per-class cost of $3.16 (otherwise it's $4.19). I did 15 "active" classes (ashtanga, vinyasa flow 1/2) and 11 "passive" classes (yin, slow flow, deep stretch, restorative).

I'm currently using my Living Social 10-class pass (that I got FREE) which given a reduced schedule due to holiday festivities and travel, should get me through the end of the year. Special New Year's Day class (wisely at 2pm instead of in the morning!) and back to 'normal' schedule January 2nd.

No comments: