Saturday, April 28, 2012

Switching Up

I've got a random workout schedule next week while on travel, a couple short runs and whatever I feel like doing in the hotel gym basically. Probably three full rest days (1 during the week and then Friday/Saturday before the race). Next Sunday is the half marathon, and then new workout schedule, Yay! And dropping cals to lose a little more weight, boo.

There's so much I want to be doing and it feels like there's not enough time to get it all in without overtraining - running, lifting, abs, glutes, arms, ballet, yoga...

So here's my planned schedule from post-race in May through my birthday 10K race:

Monday - Ashtanga yoga, sprint intervals
Tuesday - abs, A lift (squats), HIIT/LISS
Wednesday - speed run, arms/abs
Thursday - Flow 1, Jillian Michaels DVD (ballet starting in July)
Friday - abs, B lift (deads), HIIT/LISS
Saturday - Vinyasa or ashtanga yoga, distance run
Sunday - abs, C lift (press), HIIT/LISS, yin/restorative yoga

The pre-lifting abs consists of 5 sets of 20 leg lifts, 1 minute bridge, 2 min plank and 1 min each side plank. The arms/abs focus includes the leg lifts and bridge, a slightly longer plank workout, my pushups and pullups apps, and the fun new 'renegade rows' I learned about last week.

Speed runs will be at the 9:35 pace I need to meet my 10K goal, starting at 2 miles and building each week. Distance runs are just to maintain the 10K distance. HIIT on the treadmill or stationary bike, LISS on the elliptical with a glute focus.

Going to look awesome for vacations this year!

2 comments:

EmilyG said...

Your weekly schedule is exhausting! Also, can't wait to see you in a week!

Courtney said...

Yay one week!!